Sunday, August 16, 2026

Colour combos 01 ଘ(*. .)

Pale pink and white

Pale pink and white. This colour combination is quite popular in the "gloomy coquette" community. I would say that people are quite fond of it. I think baby pink and white or bubblegum pink and white both have a different vibe from this one! Although they are basically all pink and white, the shades give them different personalities. This specific one feels gloomy, sad, even  melancholic, but at the same time very feminine and pretty. I personally love this colour combination! To me this colour combo has a weird power. Power to display femininity with a gloomy twist. In a way, this colour combo could be associated with youth and innocence. Since white is the colour of "pureness" and "innocence", while pale pink or pink in general is associated with softness. I personally don't like associating things with pureness or innocence. I don't know why but such words and association's irck me. Buts thats just my personal thing. To me this colour combo can also feel sickly, compared to bubblegum pink and white combo. Mostly due to pale pink. 

I think white and pink are such colours that anyone can match it with any other colour. In general i think every colour goes together, but they all give different vibes. Thats why some people think certain colours dont go together, when in reality its just not the vibe they are looking for. 
Pale pink and white in some weird way feel very comforting for me. Its very easy to look at, it feels soft, looks gorgeous, but that gloomy twist makes it even better. Almost as if it makes it feel more real. As if, it acknowledges the melancholy in beauty and feminity.  

I also want to talk about how i would style this colour combo. I think the way people wear different colour combos and style them is interesting.  
I picture quite a few outfits with these two colours. 

1. The first way i would style it, would be for winter. A cute pink sweater with a white scarf. Now i  know this is unrealistic...but, a cute white skirt. White tights, with of course, white leg warmers, if there such a thing as a long tigh high leg warmer then that. Shoes of corse would be grey uggs or some sort of warm boots. I think the sweater could be replaced by a pink peacoat jacket! Accessories apart from the scarf, would be gloves, a chunky bag of corse and maybe a headband.



2. Another way is with a frilly pale pink dress. Preferably without waist definition. Just a very light frilly dress. This dress matched with ballet flats, very simple white ones, with a thin bow of corse and short white socks, maybe even ones that are bit frilly on top. This look needs painted nails if you ask me. Accessories include a locket heart necklace, maybe even a bead necklace and possibly a think head band or a very small hair clip.



I think there are way more ways to style these two colours together, i can think of many more now! But this is what i am presenting for now, very simple outfits, but still cute. Thank you for reading!! 

Bye byee.

1 comment:

  1. really enjoyed this post! <3
    i also absolutely adore this color combination!!

    ReplyDelete

Rating movie outfits 01

Rating clueless outfits  3/5  Probably one of the most iconic outfits in this movie. Although it's iconic, it is not my favourite. I per...