Saturday, September 5, 2026

Movies 02

 Clueless 

Yes i finally watched clueless. I also want to mention, that there is apparently also a series. I literally hac no idea and found out yesterday. In all honesty, i don't have much interest for the series. Last time i wrote about a movie here, i did a small description of the movie as an intro. I don't think i want to do that anymore! It just feel very robotic of me. I just want to start by saying that i absolutely hate that cher ended with her former stepbrother. I know that Cher's and Josh's parents didn't stay together for very long, and that they were just former step siblings. But i genuine don't care, it's still weird! Not to mention that cher still referred to him as an "annoying stepbrother" in the beginning. Also isn't he in college? And cher is literally 16. This ruined the whole movie for me honestly. If someone tried to justify their relationship to me, they can talk to the wall. Now onto some characters in general. I loved the way cher sounded and the way she talked. It was just so cool and iconic. I also didn't think i would love outfits that much, but some of them were very cute! I loved chers side part with a hair clip (she wore her hair like this on a date with Christian). I absolutely hated her dad though...that man was so annoying. Dionne's character was honestly degraded by the writers. This degradation is definitely bit more subtle, but it's there and you can notice it. I am not sure if this is a trope, but there seems to be a pattern. There is supposed to be two best friends, both beautiful, popular and desirable. But one gets degraded by the writers, to make the other one seem "more desirable". 

I dont have much to say about Tai's character honestly. I don't know why. But i did love the way she and cher made up, like it was so adorable. I feel the need to mention amber and her ridiculous outfits. Amber's outfits were so ridiculous, but at the same time i loved them. Lot lf them honestly didn't make sense! Her and cher's dynamic was interesting. I mentioned that i didn't think i would love the outfits in the beginning of this blog, but as i said, i actually liked some of them! 

Here is some of them:




I will definitely make a post rating some clueless outfits. I think that will be fun. There were many funny moments in this movie and i think cher sort of had a character development, which i did like! The movie is iconic and has lots of iconic and funny moments, but Dionne's character being degraded and chef ending up with josh, just ruin it for me. Its a great movie, but has some issues! 


Thats all! I will try to watch more movies this week and next week as well, since school is starting soon i might get busy. Thank you for reading!!

Bye byee.

1 comment:

  1. totally agree with you, the pointing out on the "black best friend to white protag" part, and the whole end-game romance. I grew up watching this movie, it's still a personal favorite of mine, but it definitely has it's flaws. Funny enough, I went my whole life forgetting that Cher got with her (ex)step brother, only remembered it on a recent rewatch! As you said, even if he was only a past step brother (from years ago, who doesn't seem to have a whole lot of connection with Cher's immediate family circle) it is for sure still weird. Technically incest, technically not at the same time? I firmly stand on the "he should have just been an old family friend," but yknow, i'm glad you clocked that he was in college cause that detail completely missed me! So yeah, great movie besides that whole plot point!

    ReplyDelete

Rating movie outfits 01

Rating clueless outfits  3/5  Probably one of the most iconic outfits in this movie. Although it's iconic, it is not my favourite. I per...