My autumn/fall movie watch list
My movie list is still, somehow big. Even after finishing my rewatch list, i have barely touched my watch list! And i keep finding more and more new movies to watch, so the list keeps getting bigger. I hope i can bring myself to watch these movies at least for this autumn/fall season. You can also leave any movie suggestions you have! I want to mention, that some of these movies do give me autumn/fall vibes, and some dont. This list isn't completely based on which movies are set in gloomy autumn/fall settings or which one's give me such vibes.
1. The love witch
I really want to watch this movie. I am curious on what's its about. As i remember, it was released in 2015-2016. Which is surprising, since it looks somewhat vintage or just bit old. From the clips i have seen, i think it's the colours making the movie feel older than it is. This movie has the iconic line "the day he left me was the day that i died, but then i was reborn...as a witch". I have seen few people calling this movie "shitty", but honestly that doesn't scare me away.
2. Valerie and her week of wonders
From the clips i have seen and what i have read about this movie, it's weird...very weird. It has some parts that i know i will hate and probably some parts that will be messed up. I mean after all the movie was released in 1970 and the book was released in 1945. If i have learned about the older movies, it's that they always have something messed up in them. By the way, i am not talking about heavy topics in general! I am talking about a poor handling of such topics. Older movies tend to handle heavy topics poorly and also include things such as racism, sexism, ableism and etc. Things that were unfortunately normalised back then. So i am little afraid of this movie, but i am curious.
3. Jawbreaker
I watched a movie review for this, and ever since then i have wanted to watch it! This movie is so iconic in so many ways and i genuinely cant wait to watch it. Going into this movie, i expect to love it. I also want to mention, that personally for me watching a movie review before watching the actual movie, doesn't really spoil my excitement of the movie. Its one thing to listen someone else describe the movie, and it's completely different to experience it by yourself. So yes i am really excited for this movie.
4. Ginger snaps
I think this movie also has other parts, i am not quite sure though. I can't exactly remember how i discovered this movie, but from the clips i was seeing it seemed very interesting. I think i also did watch a review about it. This movie seems like such a autumn/fall movie. I also cant wait to watch this one!
5. Drop dead gorgeous
Of course i need to watch this movie. I am just sad that i didn't watch it sooner! But it's now or never. I have seen very few clips of this movie and very short video part talking about it. This movie seems like a spring movie to me, from the clips i have seen. But i want to watch it now.
6. Jennifer's body
Its surprising how i haven't watched this movie yet. I would say that his movie is the most popular one from this list. Since it's so popular, i have seen quite a few clips of it and few videos analysing things about it.
7. The craft
I have wanted to watch this movie for ages! Again, i am not sure how i discovered this movie. I have also watched a review about it and seen some clips. This one is pretty popular as well i think? I honestly can't really say what is and isn't popular, since i rarely know what is and isn't mainstream or even well known. I think there is a second movie or a series of this movie, i could be wrong though. I am very curious about this movie and cant wait to watch it.
8. Vamps
This movie popped up on my fyp, as a movie suggestion. I don't know much about this movie, except for the general plot. It seems very cute and fun, so i definitely want to watch it.
Thats all for now! I have definitely been posting less, but don't mind that. I don't know how frequently i will be able to post, after school will start in few days. I hope i can post though, i really enjoy making these posts and i am shocked at the fact that i have followers. Like, how did that happen. As always, thank you for reading!!
Bye byee.
Holy peak taste
ReplyDeleteI've seen most of the movies on this list, and I love a LOT of them. You definitely have a really definitive niche picked out here. Ginger Snaps is one of my favorite films of all time (was in my Letterboxd Top 4 for a while, and I lowk may slip her back in), and I've been Ginger for Halloween twice. Drop Dead Gorgeous and Jennifer's Body are probably the next two favorites, but you have a fantastic lineup here. Whatever genre this is, it's definitely one of my favorite niches